Nobody wants to have an awkward or boring first date. First dates are meant to be a time of getting to know another person (who could very well become your potential boyfriend) while having fun at the same time. But let’s face the fact that it takes some work to have an amazing first date not just for you but also for your date. One effective way to keep a first date from becoming boring or awkward for the both of you is to keep the conversation flowing and to keep the topics natural and interesting. First dates are meant for you to get to know your date, and one good way to do this is to mentally prepare some questions to ask a potential boyfriend.
Rather than just talking about the weather or the news and current events, it’s also good if you have some personal questions. However, your list of questions must be appropriate and not too sensitive to ask on a first date (you don’t want your date to run away from you, thinking that you are some creepy psycho or maniac).
You also have to keep the questions from being like questions taken from a teenager’s slum book, and you also have to keep yourself from sounding like a police investigator. This is because the kind of questions to ask a potential boyfriend or lover can also say a lot about your own personality, so you really have to be careful when making your own list of questions. As the saying goes, “You only have one chance to make a first impression.” So think wisely about the questions to ask a potential boyfriend.
To give you some ideas on what should be included on your list of questions, here are some examples that men wouldn’t mind you asking them during your first date:
GTKY (Getting To Know You) Questions:
- Are you gay? (This is a very direct question. Just prepare your sweet smile, just as if you are joking, and everything will work out fine.)
- Where are you from?
- What is your nickname? (You can also ask him about the history of his nickname.)
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What are your favorite sports? (Most men really love to talk about sports.)
- What kind of movies do you like?
- What is one word that can best describe you?
- Do you have sisters/brothers?
- Do you drink and/or smoke?
- What is your dream job?
Safe Personal/Intimate Questions:
- What are the things that you like about me?
- Are you close with your family?
- What is the longest relationship that you have ever been in?
- Are you a romantic?
- What are your goals in life?
- What made you decide to date me?
- What is your ideal partner?
- What is your most intimate experience so far?
- What do you love about women?
- What is your most awesome experience with a woman?
These are just some examples of questions to ask a potential boyfriend. These are just meant to be a guide for you, so don’t be afraid to ask more questions and to satisfy your curiosity as your conversation with your date develops. You can even ask some random or funny questions to make your date more fun or you can even drop one or two sexual questions to ask a guy just to spice up your date. Your imagination and personality, and also your curiosity, are the limits. Just have fun and have a good time while getting to know your date.