The only problem that some people (and experts too) have with the 1,200-calorie meal plan is the fact that it lacks the protein that animal meat can give you. But to soothe your worries, read along.
Fact: The 1,200-calorie vegetarian meal plan is perfect for people who are trying to lose weight. So, it’s safe to say that most people who choose to follow this meal plan will not really stay in the regimen for long. After losing enough pounds, they can shift their diet to one with meats.
Fact: Nutrition experts assert that a person will be able to acquire the needed nutrients with a 1,200-calorie vegetarian meal plan.
Are there different types of 1,200-calorie vegetarian meal plans?
Basically, a vegetarian meal plan is categorized according to what type of vegetarian you are.
- Semi-vegetarian – this is the typical diet regimen most applicable for those who want to lose weight. You do not restrict yourself to only veggies; from time to time, when the urge strikes, you will eat animal meat.
- Lacto-ovo vegetarian, or simply, vegetarian – This is what most people think when the word vegetarian comes to mind. This diet does not have any meat in it (poultry, fish, beef), but it has eggs and other dairy products.
- Pescatarian – Another variation is opting for a pescatarian diet. This type of diet happens when you disregard any form of meat in your diet, EXCEPT fish meat.
- Vegan – Vegan is the ultimate vegetarian diet. Vegans do not eat meat, including fish meat, and they also do not include dairy products and eggs in their diet. Often times, they also do not eat products where animal remnants can be found, such as wine.
- Raw vegan –This is similar to a vegan diet. The only difference is that raw vegans do not cook or heat food in the temperature of 115 Fahrenheit. It is done because it is believed that any food, especially veggies, that is cooked above that temperature will lose its nutrients.
How much weight can I lose with this meal plan?
As mentioned, this meal plan is very effective in losing weight, but the weight loss will be even more effective if the woman is active when it comes to workouts. Experts say that using this diet will make you lose up to 2 pounds per week.
What are some sample 1,200-calorie vegetarian meal plans?
Here is a good example. Keep in mind that this example is not for people who will opt for a vegan or raw vegan diet, as it has dairy products.
1 cup of fruits
1 ½ cup of vegetables
3 oz. of eggs, or soy products
4 oz. of grains
2 cups of dairy products
Few sugars daily
13 g. of oil
So, what do you think? If you feel that you are up for this kind of diet, why not try it? It will bring variety to your diet, and it’s not restrictive at all!