Fasting means abstaining from food. Stopping yourself from eating food that make up those bellies and that unwanted fat on your thighs and arms.
Feasting is eating all the food that you would like to eat without having to watch out for too many calories and what not.
In an intermittent fasting diet plan, there are only 2 things that you need to do- fast and feast. The fasting takes longer than the feasting, of course.
Here’s how you do this diet plan:
Fast: as mentioned, you’ve to stop eating. This method is easy. I don’t eat for a few hours after lunch. I eat only when it’s dinner time. This isn’t what I mean though. Fast for not less than 16 hours. While you fast for this long, your body will have to have a source of energy. With the lack of food, your system will then burn the excess body fat that are considered reserves. You can burn this fat faster by exercising.
On a fasted state, it’s better to take in more water so you won’t feel the hunger and you won’t feel cranky all the time. Tea and coffee with not much sugar can also help in reducing the urge to eat.
Adrenaline and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) are released more than the usual when you fast. This means you’ll have a sharper mind. You may want to take advantage of this and exercise.
Fasting has many benefits that extend past lowering the incidence of disease.
What else can fasting do? For one, you won’t have to worry so much about the budget for the food for breakfast or dinner or lunch. In the intermittent fasting diet plan, you get to skip 1 to 2 meals a day, and you’ll save your meal allowances!For someone who always has to make decisions everyday, you’ll have more time to decide what to do next instead of worrying about what’s for lunch or dinner.
Note: If you’re pregnant or if you’re diabetic, it isn’t advisable that you fast for 16 hours. This is to avoid any unwanted side effects.
Feast: on the 1st hour of your feast (on your first day in the intermittent fasting diet plan), you can eat whatever you want to eat. You can disregard your list of what to eat and what not to eat since there are no food restrictions when doing the diet plan. Even with this though, there’s a list of what to do for better results on your feast hours:
- You might want to eat quality food- fresh and unprocessed food isn’t just healthy, but it also helps in achieving the perfect body in less time.
- Don’t rush. Don’t chew 3 times and then swallow. Help your digestive system in digesting all the nutrients you can get from your food by chewing slowly.
- Be aware of the amount of food that you take in. While there’s no restriction on the food that you eat and the amount of it, you should know that there’s progress when the calories are being controlled.
- The main reason for the feast is to give your body reserves. During your fast, you’ll need energy to go through the day. Your body will then burn all your body fat – this is your goal – and use it as your source of energy. If you’ve eaten too much, exercise. Help your body burn the fat so your next intake of food will all be reserves. It’s recommended that you exercise before your feast or before your fast ends.
- Always learn when to eat and when not to eat. You have to teach your body the time that it has to eat and the time that it has to bear with the hunger. If you cannot keep a consistent timeframe of eating and not eating, the intermittent fasting diet plan won’t work its miracle as it did the others.
The intermittent fasting diet plan can help you reduce the fat that you hide under huge clothes. Don’t overdo it, and don’t take the plan for granted. Do it the right way, and you’ll get the results.Before you go, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. I'm working hard to build a community here and a big part of that are your contributions! If you have experiences to share, questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please leave us a quick comment. I promise to reply!