On the surface, buying a skincare product seems simple enough. However, a more in-depth look may begin to cause some confusion on which particular ones to buy. The decision is made harder by the full range of options available: skin moisturizers, facial moisturizers, lotions, ointments, creams for light skin, creams for dark skin, and creams for sensitive skin. Then, there’s the category of soaps.
Sometimes, the options to choose from are as numerous as the wide range of nuts that can be found at boxed.com. The good news is that there are a lot of options to choose from and each of them has been produced for different skin requirements.
Here are some guidelines to follow when choosing a skincare product:
Without a good moisturizer, the skin can become dry and hard, which is terrible. Here are some do’s and don’ts when shopping for a moisturizer.
– Get a moisturizer with high sunscreen protection. One with an SPF 30 rating is an excellent place to start because, without sunscreen, the skin is vulnerable to attack from ultraviolet rays.
– Aim for adequate moisture content. Ideally, the skin has different moisturization requirements for daytime and nighttime. Opt for a lighter moisturizer during the day and a heavier one at night. Additionally, people with dry skin may want to stick to moisturizers with ingredients like dimethicone, lanolin, and mineral oils.
– Choose moisturizers that are rich in antioxidants. Free radicals can damage the skin and in extreme situations, contribute to skin cancer. Moisturizers that are rich in antioxidants like chamomile and pomegranate protect the skin.
– Avoid moisturizers with coloring and perfumes. Moisturizers are applied on the skin very frequently, and products that contain additives like coloring and perfumes can cause skin irritation.
– Avoid moisturizers with acids and other inorganic ingredients. As any dermatologist will tell you, organic, naturally occurring ingredients are the best for the skin, and moisturizers with acid ingredients and waxes can clog up pores.
Next to moisturizers and creams, soaps are the most frequently applied products on the body and face, and as such, they demand some attention.
There are wider known tips like “using different soaps for the face and the body,” and “rinsing frequently.” However, these apply to skin care and don’t talk about choosing the right soap for the skin.
Also read: Daily Guide For Acne-Prone Skin
Follow these tips to choose a fitting soap for skin care:
– Seek out soaps with natural fats: Just like moisturizers, it’s essential that soaps contain organic and natural ingredients that have pleasant interactions with the skin. Soaps with ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter aren’t only good for the environment, but also for the skin.
– Choose soaps fit for your skin type: Skins that are more prone to drying out will benefit more from soaps with ingredients like milk to keep them soft for longer.
– Choose soaps with a longer lifespan: Natural soaps lack all the preservatives of other soaps, and so, tend to erode more quickly. Before choosing any brand, be sure that it has the longevity to get the most for your money.
It's completely free and I've learned soooo much from it!
Before you go, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. I'm working hard to build a community here and a big part of that are your contributions!
If you have experiences to share, questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please leave us a quick comment.
I promise to reply!