For starters, consuming fructose instead of glucose can make you consume more food since fructose is less potent when it comes to satiating hunger than glucose, which will increase your chances of overeating. For many reasons, the time has finally come to just say no to sugar cravings and addiction.
Let’s find out how it can be done quickly and easily (if you’re determined!)
Sugar also causes a resistance to the hormone called leptin, which is responsible for making sure that you’ve enough stored fat. This resistance can cause the brain to think that it needs to store more fat even though the fat reservoirs of the body are already full. This is why it’s important to stay away from sugar when trying to lose weight. Here are some steps on how to say no to sugar.
- Stop using artificial sugar or sweeteners. They still contain forms of sugar, which can cause weight gain and are also full of other chemicals that may cause bloating. It can also cause cravings for real sugar.
- Avoid fat-free foods. More often than not, these types of food compensate their lack of fats or sodium by replacing these ingredients with sugar to make them seem tasty and attractive to consumers.
- Count the number of days that you’ve gone without sugar, artificial sweeteners, and fat-free foods. This will allow you to feel proud regarding the number of days that you were able to exercise excellent self-control, which will motivate you to keep avoiding sugar.
- Get your loved ones into the program. Unless discouraged by a doctor, banning sugar from the house in order to motivate your husband, kids, or even parents to avoid sugar completely can help motivate you to say no.
- Replace sugar with good fats and protein. Because of the ability of sugar to provide a short burst of energy, your body will start craving for it once it starts feeling tired. This is why finding other ways to satiate this hunger for energy by ingesting something that doesn’t contain sugar but can provide the body with energy such as foods that are rich in good fats and protein is the best option.
- Start taking note of your caffeine intake. For most people, ingesting caffeine can increase their cravings for sweet foods because of coffee’s natural bitter taste. If your cravings become more intense after drinking coffee, it’s time to cut back on caffeine.
- Start exercising on a regular basis. One of the most common reasons why people consume sugar is to feel good since it can increase the production of happy hormones in the body. Considering that can also increase the production of this hormone, exercising can make it easier for you to say no to sugar.
- Keep healthier snacks within an arm’s reach. This will lessen the temptation of going to a convenience or grocery store on an empty stomach, which will increase your chances of choosing sugary or non-healthy foods instead of healthy ones that can actually facilitate weight loss and better health.
If you want, you can sign up here.
It's completely free and I've learned soooo much from it!
Before you go, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. I'm working hard to build a community here and a big part of that are your contributions!
If you have experiences to share, questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please leave us a quick comment.
I promise to repond!