’m sure you’ve heard all about weird beauty regimens that you may find absurd. Do you know what works and what doesn’t? Here are some weird beauty regimens that have been proven to work for those who’ve tried them.
- Hemorrhoid cream works on reducing puffy eyes. Apparently, the anti-inflammatory agents that are found in hemorrhoid creams help shrink eye puffiness.
- Toothpaste helps calm pimples. Plain white toothpaste applied overnight has a drying effect on your pimples. However, this is only a temporary spot treatment and should not replace your daily facial cleansing routine to make sure your pimples don’t proliferate.
- Beer restores moisture back to your hair. After shampooing your hair, massage your hair with beer to remove any kind of buildup that got stuck on your hair. You don’t have to use expensive beer; any kind will do.
- Lemon lightens your hair. If you want to go all-natural in lightening your locks, apply lemon on your hair. The lemon’s acid on your hair combined with exposure to the sun speeds up the lightening process.
- Diaper rash cream aids in repairing cracked elbows and sole. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory contents of diaper rash cream will heal your elbows and sole by keeping them hydrated.
- Leeches make you look younger. As nasty as it sounds, even celebrities claim that leech therapy detoxifies the blood by sucking all the impurities out of your blood stream. This, they say, makes you feel and look younger.
- Ice facial revives your facial glow. The effect closes your pores, firms up your skin, and gives you that glow after immersing your face in freezing water.
- Plain dry oatmeal works as a temporary treatment for oily hair. When you’re out of dry shampoo or powder to help you get rid of that yucky oily hair, oatmeal does the trick. It absorbs the oil and can be easily brushed off your hair.
- Chamomile tea reduces swelling of irritated skin. The anti-inflammatory ingredient found in chamomile tea works wonders on your irritated skin.
- Coffee grounds make a good scrub to keep the cellulite away. The caffeine will draw water out and shrink your cellulite, making them look less noticeable.
Word of caution:
While these may have worked for some people, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work for you. Try these weird beauty regimens with caution.Lastly, I'm starting to tell other women about a health newsletter that I've benefited immensely from and that I highly recommend. I think you might like it, too.
If you want, you can sign up here.
It's completely free and I've learned soooo much from it!
Before you go, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. I'm working hard to build a community here and a big part of that are your contributions!
If you have experiences to share, questions, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please leave us a quick comment.
I promise to repond!